W.I.N.D. Wentzville Information Notification Delivery
Click to Sign Up
1. What is the W.I.N.D. program? W.I.N.D. is a new program where residents can sign up to get City Emergency notification and City announcements in a multiple number of ways. They can get calls to their land lines, cell phones, text messages and emails to whatever device they desire.
2. Who can enroll? Anyone that desires to receive these alerts and announcements can enroll.
3. How do I enroll? Those interested in enrolling can click on the sailboat link located here which will direct you to the enrollment page. You can also sign up in person at City Hall.
4. When will it be used? The system will be used to notify residents about imminent threats to health and safety. Public safety officials will send alerts about emergencies, for example: severe weather, water outages, traffic issues and critical police activity. If you sign up for city announcements you will receive information on the topics you designate.
5. What type of announcements can I sign up for? City announcements may consist of reminders of City events and activities along with public announcements such as: community events, street closures (construction), road closures/detours (traffic accidents, community events), water outages (main breaks, testing), crime alerts, city meetings, parks & recreation events.
6. Will I still get notification if I don’t sign up? If you don’t sign up, you will only receive emergency notifications on your traditional home phone but nowhere else. If you have an unlisted phone number you will not receive notice without enrolling.
7. Can I opt out? Yes. You may go to the City’s web site and opt out at any time.
8. What if my phone number or address changes? The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your cell phone, work phone or email address changes, you must go to your profile and update the information. The one exception is traditional landlines. If a traditional landline changes to another landline number, that information will be automatically updated.
9. What notification options are available? Alerts and announcements can be sent to your cell phone, work phone, home phone, text message and email. You can choose to receive alerts/announcements just one way or a combination of different ways. You choose!
10. Do I have to get both emergency notifications and City announcements? No. You can select only emergency alerts and/or select from a menu of announcement topics.
11. Will my contact information be shared with others? No. The information that you provide will be used for emergency and city announcements. We will not distribute your telephone numbers or email addresses to any vendor or other organization.
12. Is there a fee to participate? No. This program is free.