Prevent Heat-Related Illnesses with these Tips
Wentzville-area summers are hot! Summer heat waves present an unsafe environment to people, animals and infrastructure. You can work to prevent heat-related illnesses by following these tips:
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level.
- If at all possible, stay indoors in an air-conditioned place. If your home does not have air-conditioning, visit a mall, a public library or a Cooling Center. (Find a local Cooling Center here.)
- Wear light-weight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave anyone or any pets inside a closed, parked vehicle.
- Extra precautions should be taken for infants and young children,people ages 65 and older, and people with mental or physical disorders.