Learning about stormwater - where it flows, how it becomes polluted, and how to prevent stormwater pollution - is fundamental to understanding our local water resources. Here are some helpful links. Check out the Speaker's Bureau for resources who may be available to offer presentations in classrooms or at community events. Teacher/Scout Leader workshops are available throughout the year. Check our calendar for details.
Already have something in the works? We'd love to hear about your activities or projects that are helping improve water quality in Wentzville; submit your success story online!
- Events Calendar - Check out what's going on around town.
- Interactive Quiz - Test your knowledge of stormwater and pollution prevention!
- EPA - Educational Resources
- EPA - Water For KIDS! (Fun games grades K-6)
- NASA Classroom - Tracking water quality problems (Grades 7-12)
- Detox Your Domicile (Hazardous Waste Curriculum)
- Water Science for Schools, U.S. Geological Survey
- Learn About Ground Water
- Water Education
- Top 10 Classroom Programs
- Cigarette Butt Litter
- Sustainable School Projects - Looking for ways to improve water quality at your school? Get instructions on designing several types of Low Impact Development (LID) school projects. (There are separate programs for elementary, middle, and high schools!)