Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

Senior Utility Tax Rebate Program

From April 2 through May 31 eligible residents can apply for a City-utility tax refund. To be eligible for a refund, you must rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville, be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security, and have a maximum 2017 gross income of $41,750 for single-person households and $47,700 for married-couple households. (Please note: these are increased income levels from previously published information). The refund program is based on your total gross income for filing year 2017, social security income is included. These income requirements are set by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and can flucuate greatly from year to year. Refunds are only available for the months when you lived in Wentzville and were at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled.

The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on the your electric, gas and phone bills for 2017. If you haven’t saved your gas or electric stubs, you can contact your local utilities to request a report (please note: CenturyLink does not provide this report).

  • Ameren UE: Call (314) 342-1111, and request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2017.
  • Laclede Gas: Call (314) 621-6960, and request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2017.
  • Cuivre River: Call (800) 392-3709, and request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2017.
  • Phone Bills: Provide landline OR cell phone bills (pre-paid phones are not eligible).

Beginning April 2, residents can apply for the refund in person at City Hall (1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.). When applying for the refund, residents will need: proof of residency, income, age and/or disability, and copies of their gas, electric and primary phone bills (or the reports listed above). Residents must also present a driver’s license, Social Security card or birth certificate. If you have questions or would like to check your eligibility, please call the Finance Department at (636) 639-2155.



Get notified when this page changes