Winter Storm Reminders
Here are a few snow-removal tips from the
Wentzville Public Works Department
With snow and ice season upon us, Wentzville Public Works is gearing up to keep City roads clear and safe. Below are a few tips for residents:
- Fire Hydrants: Residents should clear fire hydrants of snow buildup to ensure fire fighters can quickly find the fire hydrant in the event of a fire.
- Observe Winter Parking Restrictions: It is always a good idea to remove parked cars from the roadway during a snow event greater than two inches. Parking is prohibited on City streets when a snowfall forecast of five or more inches results in a declaration of a City Snow Emergency.
- Store Snow to the Right of Your Driveway: As you stand facing the street, it's necessary for snow to be stored to the right side of your driveway. For best results, remove snow from the street in front of and to the left of your driveway. Snow remaining on the street in front of and to the left of your driveway, drops in front of your driveway when the City snow plow comes by. (see graphic below)
- Mailboxes: Occasionally, mailboxes are bumped by snow removal equipment or snow dropping off of the face of the plow. When notified of the problem, the City will erect a temporary mailbox until weather conditions allow for repairs. If replacement is needed, the City will reimburse $50 for a new mailbox, which meets the minimum requirements of the USPS.
- Landscaping: The City permits low bushes, ground cover and flowers to be planted in the right-of-way, but does not compensate residents for private plantings in the right-of-way that are damaged due to snow-removal operations. If sod is damaged, the City will restore that area at the earliest availability of sod material.
- Mail Delivery/Trash Pickup: Snow fighters clear snow as close to the curb line as practical to provide access to the mailboxes and trash collection. Final clearing is the responsibility of each resident in order to receive trash collection service and delivery of mail by the USPS.
Roads Not Cleared by the City
Below is a list of roads within Wentzville’s city limits that are cleared by MoDOT or St. Charles County, rather than the City of Wentzville.
• Interstate 70 & Outer Roads
• Highway 40/61
• Highway 64
• Wilmer Road
• Routes A, Z and N
• Hepperman Road