Traffic Signal at Perry Cate Boulevard & Route N
This project will involve the design and installation of a new traffic signal at the intersection of Perry Cate Boulevard and Route N. This project has received County funding for 50% of the estimated project cost. Once completed the new traffic signal will be owned and operated by the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) and will also be integrated into the St. Charles County’s Gateway Green Light (GGL) network.
Intersection of Perry Cate Boulevard and Route N.
- 10/7/16 – City selected CBB from the on-call traffic engineering services list for the design of this project.
- 10/17/16 – City entered into project scope and fee negotiations with CBB for engineering design services.
- 11/28/16 – City entered into an agreement with the County to provide funding for 50% of the estimated project cost.
- 12/15/16 – Scope and fee negotiations continued with CBB; scope was expanded to include St. Charles County coordination by CBB.
- 1/11/17 – Work authorization for CBB’s engineering design services was approved by the Board of Aldermen (BOA).
- 2/10/17 – City issued CBB a notice to proceed for engineering design work on the traffic signal. Notice to proceed was slightly delayed as the County discussed the possibility of design alternatives to a traditional traffic signal.
- 3/14/17 – City and the CBB met with MoDOT to discuss design requirements, challenges, and options.
- 4/5/17 – Survey work has begun in the project area. CBB has started on the preliminary design work.
- 5/4/17 – CBB sent the City copies of the preliminary design.
- 5/19/17 - CBB submitted plans to County and MoDOT for review.
- 6/13/17 - CBB received MoDOT comments on traffic signal plans.
- 6/14/17 - CBB received County comments on traffic signal plans.
- 7/19/17 - CBB submitted revised plans to the County after addressing previous comments.
- 8/11/17 - County informed the City and CBB that they had no further comments on the plans.
- 8/24/17 - City submitted right of way plans to MoDOT for review and approval.
- 9/7/17 - MoDOT approved right of way plans. City may begin appraisal process.
- 10/31/17 - Right of way and easement acquisition letters sent to property owners.
- 11/27/17 - City staff spoke with property owners to continue right of way / easement acquisition process.
- 12/27/17 - City staff continued working with property owners on right of way / easement acquisition.
- 1/11/18 - City staff met with property owners to discuss project's impact to their property.
- 1/18/18 - City received signed Warranty Deed from Wentzville R-IV School District.
- 1/26/18 - City received signed right of way / easement agreements from property owners.
- 1/31/18 - Project was advertised for bids.
- 2/20/18 - City received final signed easement agreement from property owners.
- 2/20/18 - Project bids were opened and reviewed by City staff.
- 2/28/18 - Board of Aldermen to award project construction contract.
Contact Brian McInnes for more information at (636) 639-2176 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.