Clean Water - It's Everyone's Business.
The source of our drinking water (rivers and streams) starts at your front door. By keeping litter, chemicals, and yard waste out of street gutters and storm drains, you are preventing stormwater pollution-since these drain directly to a nearby lake, streams, or wetland. Remember: only rain should go down the storm drain.
Make Your Home a Solution to Pollution!
Here are some simple steps to make your piece of the planet a healthier place to live...
Mud & Trash:
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
Paint & Chemicals:
- Mulch grass clippings to reduce the need to bag, water and weed. Or sign up for yard waste collection by calling (636) 639-2035.
- Limit pesticide and fertilizer use; apply only the amount recommended. Try Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to reduce the need for chemicals.
- Water Efficient Landscaping
- How to Build and Install a Rain Barrel
- Rain Gardening for Stormwater Management
- Native Landscaping Manual (includes plant suppliers and landscapers)
- Septic Systems - Inspect and pump every 3-5 years so it operates properly.