Yard/Garage Sale Sign Application
Please provide your e-mail address and your permit # will be e-mailed to you. Please read the yard sale guidelines below which provides information on the rules and regulations of signs for yard sales and similar sales. Please submit your request for a permit # prior to 4:45pm the day before your planned yard sale as our office hours are Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm.
Guidelines for Posting Yard Sale Signs:
• To display a yard, garage or similar sale (“Yard Sign”) a permit number is required
• Every yard sign shall display the permit number on the sign
• No more than two (2) yard sign permits may be obtained or issued per calendar year for an address
• No yard sign shall be posted on utility poles or within road right-of-ways (as a rule the right-of-way is between the street and the sidewalk) See attached drawing.
• If there is no sidewalk, generally the right-of-way includes 10 feet from the curb
• When you are out of the right-of-way, you are now on private property and you will need to get permission from the property owner to post your sign on their property
• Yard sign permit shall not exceed 72 hours nor shall they be displayed more than forty-eight (48) hours before or twenty four (24) hours after the designated permit period
• Any yard signs in violation of any of the provisions of this Section shall be subject upon conviction of a fine of up to One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for each violation, as well as to the removal of said yard signs. Each day and each sign not in compliance with this section shall constitute a separate violation
COPIES OF ORDINANCE #3052 AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Yard Sale Signs may be removed if they are not placed in the proper location as stated above. Call (636) 327-5101 with questions regarding Yard Sale Signs.