Citizen of the Year
The Citizen Recognition Program was created by Citizen Recognition Award Committee of Wentzville to acknowledge outstanding individuals and groups that make a significant contribution, a positive impact, or improving the quality of life for citizens in the community. The Citizen of the Year nominations for 2018 have closed. Please look for 2019 nomination forms late next summer.
Purpose and Objective
- To ensure that outstanding citizens are recognized in the presence of their peers;
- To provide a venue to recognize the achievements of Wentzville residents;
- To motivate residents to positively contribute to the quality of life in Wentzville; and
- To recognize behavior that creates a sense of home and belonging in our region.
- Nominations for the Citizen of the Year Award shall be submitted by any resident of the City of Wentzville, business owner within City of Wentzville, organization within City of Wentzville, employee of a business located in the City of Wentzville, and/or a member from the Citizen Recognition Award Committee.
- A Nominee cannot be an elected official or serve on the Citizen Recognition Committee.
- Nominee must reside in the City limits of Wentzville at time of nomination or be a Wentzville business owner.
Nominations are based on overall achievement, impact and/or contribution to the community. Themes for the Citizen Recognition Award Program are based on the City of Wentzville mission, vision and values, outlined in the City’s Development Plan.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Community Spirit
- Culture and Arts
- Economic Resilience
- Effective Partnerships
- Historical Preservation
- Regional Pride
- Responsible Development
- Responsible Environmental Practice
- Sport and Recreation
- Vibrant Cultural Diversity
- Nomination packages will be available from City Hall and on the City’s website www.wentzvillemo.org;
- Nominations must be submitted before the annual deadline of Oct.15;
- All nominations will be reviewed to see if they meet eligibility requirements and are complete;
- All nominations will be submitted to the Citizen Recognition Award Committee. The Committee will review and recommend to the Board of Aldermen the nominees to receive special recognition; and
- Give the nominee a chance to accept or decline nomination;
- Board of Aldermen will review all nominations, including the nominees recommended by the Committee, and will approve the nominees to receive special recognition.
- The award winner(s) will be recognized in City publications, on the website and where applicable on social media, etc.